I don't consider myself as a neat freak. Neat, yes. Freak, no. I don't sweep and mop the house everyday. I do it every Saturday. I wash the bathroom once a week too. I don't leave my unwashed mugs or plates for long. I throw the rubbish once in 2 days. I don't like seeing things, i.e mugs, newspapers, remote, shoe box bersepah-sepah in the living room.
So, when I looked for a housemate, I specifically wrote NEAT as the ONLY rule of the house. It's very important for me because as lazy as I am, I REALLY hate it coming back from work to a messy house.
Unfortunately, when you welcomed an unknown roomie to the house, you'd never know how neat they are even though they claimed they are a neat freak. One too many times now I came back only to see used mugs on the coffee table beside the telly. One too many times now I came back to see an unwashed rice cooker for days. Imagine the smell!! It drives me freaking nuts!!
Now, as most of you know, I am the only child in the family. So naturally, I don't like to nag because I don't have the experience of nagging to noisy siblings. Yes, I did kindly, in a cynical tone, reminding them about the unwashed rice cooker or the newspapers lying on the sofa for days. But like I said, I don't like to nag. And she's not 7 year old kid for God's sake!! Why do I have to repeat myself in being neat when she claimed herself to be a neat freak in the first place?!!
I don't mind cleaning up the house alone. I like cleaning up. It's my anti-depressent pill. I don't expect them to do the same but it's really frustrating to see the dirt just an hour after you cleaned things up.
We all work. We all get exhausted after a long day at work. But if you have the energy to cook or fix coffee for yourself, what is another 7 seconds to wash it up? What is another 5 seconds of putting the dvd back in it's casing? Hah? HAAHHH?!!!
Haih.
My amma is right lah. I memang kena duduk sorang2 camni. Help me God don't give me a slobbish man in my life.
So, when I looked for a housemate, I specifically wrote NEAT as the ONLY rule of the house. It's very important for me because as lazy as I am, I REALLY hate it coming back from work to a messy house.
Unfortunately, when you welcomed an unknown roomie to the house, you'd never know how neat they are even though they claimed they are a neat freak. One too many times now I came back only to see used mugs on the coffee table beside the telly. One too many times now I came back to see an unwashed rice cooker for days. Imagine the smell!! It drives me freaking nuts!!
Now, as most of you know, I am the only child in the family. So naturally, I don't like to nag because I don't have the experience of nagging to noisy siblings. Yes, I did kindly, in a cynical tone, reminding them about the unwashed rice cooker or the newspapers lying on the sofa for days. But like I said, I don't like to nag. And she's not 7 year old kid for God's sake!! Why do I have to repeat myself in being neat when she claimed herself to be a neat freak in the first place?!!
I don't mind cleaning up the house alone. I like cleaning up. It's my anti-depressent pill. I don't expect them to do the same but it's really frustrating to see the dirt just an hour after you cleaned things up.
We all work. We all get exhausted after a long day at work. But if you have the energy to cook or fix coffee for yourself, what is another 7 seconds to wash it up? What is another 5 seconds of putting the dvd back in it's casing? Hah? HAAHHH?!!!
Haih.
My amma is right lah. I memang kena duduk sorang2 camni. Help me God don't give me a slobbish man in my life.

7 orang buang masa di GayahLand:
Been there, done that! Pe'el2 housemate that drove me up the wall...
*simpan balik botol air kosong dlm fridge. tau minum je, isi tak tau.
*tak reti pelan2 kalu balik tgh malam. keluar masuk bilik slam pintu.
*tak reti tutup sliding door. once i came back from raya hols to find the living room basah kuyup kena ujan. sib baik dok tingkat 5...kalu tak mau lesap brg letrik kena curi!
*imposing a once-a-week-only rule on using the washing machine. pala hangguk die... tak basuh cadar, tuala etc ke? konon nak save letrik to save money. yg die clubbing tiap2 minggu tu save sangat ke duit?
Ish! Mintak hampun... ter carried away...
Lady - you nailed it lah!! SANGAT sakit ati kan.. yang jenis slamming the door tu aa memang buat mak rasa nak menyula orang!
find a big bakul. throw everything that is not at its place dalam bakul tu. temasuk periuk nasi sekali.
word veri is 'sulat'. ye ye sula lagi.
Oh, i so agree with Ulaq...atau pi susun kat bilik dia...dok sorang lagi baguslah...i had enuf of roomies and spouses...always have to pick up after their crap...jantan mat salleh baguih...yg revert..depa super duper helpful...really practise to a T what the Prophet does...the ones i have seen lah...
thank Gos his relatives don't come over and sleep anymore...imagine cleaning up piss on the floor...mak aku org kampung gak kat Pakistan dulu, bizness lam semak gak dolu2....tapi bila toilet modern, tau gak pakai...ni depa2 ni semua menyusahkan dan menyemakkan...hang nak carik laki, hang kena survey keluarga dia sekali...sebab you will be married to those slobs too..ie his bros, sisters, nieces etc etc...ewwwww
i remember staying with some of collegemates those days.. these 2 girls memang ada masalah rajin memasak for themselves but expect others yang tak dapat makan pun apa diorang masak to clean up after them.
one night i got really tired of the smell of the unwashed rice cooker, i letak periuk yang penuh dengan air nasik basi tu depan bilik diorang. the next day diorang bukak pintu, accidentally tersepak the periuk and the air seme melimpah kat kaki diorang. puas ati gila babas masa tu!!
think i'm going to do it again la kalau tak paham bahasa jugak this time..
" I like cleaning up. It's my anti-depressent pill."
Come to my place this weekend? Malas betul aku nak menggosok lantai bilik air aku. ;P
-acai-
puasa la wiken nih. aku time puasa jadik malas. dah turun temurun penyakitnya. hikhik.
Post a Comment